Pages

8.4.13

Collected Shells

I have recently returned from Fiji where my partner, I and a couple of friends spent the Easter break. It was my first time visiting the islands (we live in New Zealand) and I have fallen in love! We stayed in a beautiful, remote and tiny resort called 'Crusoe's Retreat'. Boasting just twenty-eight bures, its a tranquil slice of paradise located on the Coral Coast on the southern side of the island.

We whiled away our days snorkelling, kayaking and reading by the unique foot shaped pool, or in the shade of the beach side coconut palms. Sunset was early so we would go for a stroll along the beach before the dinner drum sounded. I amassed a beautiful collection of shells and pieces of coral (some pictured below). Unfortunately, due to strict quarantine and biohazard laws I had to leave my finds behind.





No comments:

Post a Comment